Attorney at Law
Benefit from the unrivaled collective experience of Carver, Cantin & Mynarich.
Federal Court Cases
State & Federal Appeals
State Court Cases
EXPERIENCE – THOMAS CARVER
EMAIL: TOM CARVER
Thomas Carver has practiced law for over 43 years and has represented nearly 300 clients in federal criminal cases. His portfolio includes representing defendants in a number of capital murder prosecutions to sophisticated white-collar criminal indictments to drug and sex offenses. The firm’s trial practice encompasses litigation in all of the counties of southern and southwest Missouri as well as in the federal district courts of Kansas, and Western and Eastern Missouri.
Thomas Carver has petitioned the United States Supreme Court for review of lower appellate court decisions on numerous occasions and has argued cases in the Missouri Supreme Court, the United States Eighth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals on several occasions. Overall, he has represented clients in no fewer than 70 appeals in state and federal courts. Many lawyers spend their entire professional career without representing a client in an appeal. Participating in over 70 appeals speaks to his expertise and the trust that clients place in him. Thomas Carver is a recipient of the Robert Duncan Award for Appellate Excellence and for many years has been named to the annual listings of Best Lawyers in America and Kansas/Missouri Super Lawyers. On two occasions, 2013 and 2015, he was named lawyer of the year in southwest Missouri in the area of white collar criminal defense.
Tom Carver is on the board of directors of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association (SMBA). He is also a past president of the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and early in his career was twice elected to the Missouri House of Representatives.
- Missouri, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- J.D. – 1973
- University of Arkansas
- B.S. – 1970
- Major: Political Science
Thomas Carver – Criminal Law -Sentencing, Missouri Bar, 1994
HONORS & AWARDS
- Robert Duncan Award for Appellate Excellence, 2003 – Present
- Past President, Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2001 – Present
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association – Board of Directors
- AV Preeminent 2016
- State v. Langston, 229 SW3d 289 (Mo. App. S.D. 2007)
- State v. Brown, 140 SW3d 51 (Mo.Sup. Ct. 2004)
- State v. Rodriguez, 985 SW2d 863 (Mo.App.W.D. 1998)
- United States v. Plummer, 409 F.3d 906 (2005)
- United States v. Simmons, 964 F.2d 763 (1992)
- Carver v. Nixon, 72 F.3d 633 (1995)
- Straub v. Tull, 128 S.W.3d 157 (2003)
Fraud After COVID-19: The CARES Act and Wire Fraud, Bank Fraud, Money Laundering, and Aggravated Identity Theft Charges
SCHEDULE A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship.